Answered by : drgayat
on Fri, 29 Jan 2010
The ideal way to improve your bowel habits is to adopt life style changes, they would be:
1. To drink plenty of water about 8-10 glasses of water per day
2. Consume food rich in fibre like bananas, green leafy vegetables, beans, carrot,etc.
3. Substitute whole grain cereals like rice and wheat for refined varieties.
4. Exercise on a regular basis, this will help promote bowel movements.
These lifestyle changes you will have to adopt on a regular basis for sometime before you can see some improvement. If the constipation is very troublesome you can use some bowel softeners on a temporary basis.
Q: I get frequent stomach problems.Moreover gastritis is a recurrent prob.pls help
A: I would give a few suggestions to help with your stomach problems:
1.Consume frequent small meals at regular intervals.
2.Avoid spicy and oily food.
3.Consume plenty of fruits and vegetables.
4.Exercise regularly as this improves the bowel movement.
5.If you are on the heavier side try to loose weight.
6. Practice relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation to relive your stress.
For relief from your reccuring stomach problems you have to adopt these life style changes and develop a regular routine.