Skip Navigation LinksHome > Support Groups > Discussion Messages
Miscellaneous :

This support group serves as an information center for other discussions on health topics.


Join this Group



Add a topic Recent discussions
Start watching this topic
Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome (PSAS) / Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder (PGAD)

Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome (PSAS) or Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder (PGAD) is a phenomenon relating mainly to women’s sexual health, in which afflicted women complain of sudden and frequent feelings of genital arousal that are qualitatively different from the kind of...Read More

Posted on : Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:00 AM
Add reply       No of replies : 127

Report Abuse

You can help us in removing abusive content or spam.
Your Name
Your Email ID
(Maximum 3000 Characters)
Seems a horrible condition for a women to suffer from, imagine always being on edge. What is pleasure can become a source of pain. Thank god a rare condition.
Replied on Monday, April 13, 2009 12:00 AM
This is one of the worst things!! I believe I currently suffer from it . .. when you urinate it's like you are having a mini orgasism!!!!
Replied on Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:00 AM
hi i have pgad :) and i found that all i needed to make the discomfort go away was to get rid of my depression i found the right psych meds.. :) and i still get pgad but it feels great ps: my pelvis area is paralyzed i broke my lower spine and hip so i cant feel sex unless its the pgad.. i used to suffer from this pgad very painful and the attacks were so bad i was suicidal but now im cured!
Replied on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:29 AM

Please help. Does anyone know of doctors in the Midwest that are educated in this. I have suffered from this for the past 10-12 years following a surgery, and or a cathater that was placed in me from a hospitilazation.

I can not begin to tell you the mental and physical angush this has caused. American doctors have always sent me away saying that I needed mental help and that there was not a reason or explanation for my symptoms except a mental disorder. I am so angry, this has taken my love for work away and has made me believe I was being rapped by unseen forces. I really hope that one day we will find a solution, as I know now, I have lost everything over this condition.
Replied on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:00 AM

Have you tried any electro-therapy methods such as TENS units, etc., to help control your symptoms? There are some other devices with which I'm familiar that might also offer relief.
Replied on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 12:00 AM

I am 41 years old and this is all new to me i have been suffering for pssa for only 6 months and its driving me mad already, I can not say what started this off but i do wish it wood stop. Does any one know if this is for life or can it just go away as easy as i came .
Replied on Friday, November 27, 2009 12:00 AM

Steve, I think if I know who you are, you are on to something. There are many ways to achieve reliefe. Conductive rubber. Electrical stimulation. Sometimes we wish to have this problem, no? Smart to stimulate.
Replied on Monday, February 15, 2010 12:00 AM
This is out of date...PSAS has now actually been researched and there are various treatments: "Some internet sites, particularly in the USA, state that PGAD is a newly described disorder that is not yet fully understood or defined and is difficult to treat. This is unfortunate as it gives the impression that PGAD still is a rather mysterious disorder. But it is not. These websites are not up-dated with recent research. The studies of Prof. Waldinger have shown that ReGS, including PSAS or PGAD, is a well-described neurological disorder that can be treated with TENS and or medication (daily clonazepam, or oxazepam, or on-demand tramadol; local injection with bupivacaine 0.5% or bupivacaine 0.5% + 40 mg methylprednisolon).
Replied on Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:00 AM

First off, I'm a man, and I do not have priapism, rather the exacty symptomology of PSAG...it's hard enough for MD's in NY to belive women, nobody will believe me...
I need help for I'm at the end of my rope literally. After a painful ileostomy operation for Colonic Inertia a year back, about 3 months ago, my only fears were "the bag", "The fit" and "urine retention"...Nobdy will deal with THIS. It eats up the most postent of pain medications, and now i fear eating, as it stiumlates me, then again, waking up stimulates me...and unlike women, I 99% cannot even ejactulate. HELP PLEASE
Replied on Sunday, January 31, 2010 12:00 AM
Please do tell...I'd like to see evidence to support your claim that there's actually treatment for this disorder that works. Share with us that there are folks that have been helped with the treatments you've listed. I'm aware of Prof Waldinger and his research and I've tried his "treatments" to no avail. Please share his successs with us.
Replied on Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:34 PM
Hello, My name is Jay a male...and when i saw the name "Steve"I was so shcoked, as i just discovered the name for PGAD but it seems "all women"...however, the owner of the website allowed me to join psas group usa allowed as she said there were some men. I"ve yet to find a one.
WHen i saw the name steve...in KC (I assume Kansis City), I was amazed. I have other physical ailments...Bone Disease, Surgery 1 year back for ileostomy w/SEVERE GLOBAL COLONIC INERTIA and have been on pain meds for years. Recently the pains meds stopped working and now, no matter how much pain meds I take, i cannot sleep...I cannot function I AM IMPRISONED WITHIN MY OWN BODY,and I thoght life was bad enough before, wthe ileosotmy, Narcotics for Avascuar Necrosis of Hips, Shoulders and knee...(nothing was ever this bad; now I'm I"m right back to having to have to cathertizing myself...can you imagine having to have to cath when you're "near orgasm'...i don't know if i can't handle this anyhmore....but,I do not know what else to do. MY MD's now want to put me in hosptial but that's just for 'weight loss"...I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN NOT EAT/DRINK/BE ON POWERFUL PAIN MEDICATIONS (through the skin fentanyl patchs) and wake up w/erection w/an urge that never goes away sometimes for weeks, and even when I put myself through the rigors of narocotic withdrawl; I don't even have a orgasm...and even if I do, the desire "comes RIGHT BACK", as if I never had it"...the last time i had one, I've felt so congested in my pelvis, I've lost 100% my ability to urinate...and cathing yourself is HORIRBLE under the best circumstance...but under thedesire of sex? It's enough to...I can't go on. Because who's going to read this...who's going to help?

I admit I've seen 3 urologists and several ER appt's and they treated me as a PSYCHO...tell me, how come and I live in NYC, NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT THIS SYNDROME...I, a layman...have seen it on TV lately, as one founder has recently died
PLEASE ANY MALE THAT HAS ANY WAY TO HANDLE THIS (I read that NYQUIL) helps in both women and men, yet, the entire article only talks about women). THe only person that studies men is in NEW ZEALAND and I can't figure out the digits, $5 per minute?
I need help NOW, I NO LONGER KNOW HOW TO LIVE (a college grad, going for MSW at QC, MagmaCumLade....Please write.
Replied on Sunday, January 31, 2010 12:00 AM

Member Sign In

Remember me
Forgot Password?
Sign up now

Medwonders has 256473 Members and 444 Groups.
Last Updated - Jun 19, 2024 - Designed & Content Managed by Medindia4u.com Pvt. Ltd.
Copyright © 2024 Medindia4u.com Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.